R E S O U R C E S
P u b l i c a t i o n s
Here are some of the publications you may find very useful.
- Churu, B.E., & Selvam, S.G. (2018). Young adults’ awareness and commitment to use character strengths: An examination of university students in Nairobi.
- In P. Aneesh Kumar, T.S. George, & N.T. Sudesh, Character strength development (pp.337-352). New Delhi: Sage Publications.
- Selvam, S. G. (2015). Positive psychology’s character strengths in addiction-spirituality research: A qualitative systematic literature review. The Qualitative Report, 20(4), 375-404.
- Selvam, S.G. (2015). Character strengths in the context of Christian contemplative practice facilitating recovery from alcohol misuse: Two case studies. The Journal of Spirituality in Mental Health, 17(3),190-211. DOI: 10.1080/19349637.2015.1053302.
- Selvam, S.G., & Mwangi, D. (2014). Meditation and contemplative practice among young adults in Nairobi. In S.G. Selvam, & D. Watt (eds.), African youth today: Challenges and prospects (pp.67-85). Nairobi: Acton Press.
- Selvam, S.G., & Collicutt, J. (2013). The ubiquity of the character strengths in African traditional religion: A thematic analysis.In H.H. Knoop, & A. Delle Fave (eds.), Well-being and cultures: A positive psychology perspective (pp. 83-102). Heidelberg: Springer.
- Selvam, S.G. (2013). Towards religious spirituality: A multidimensional matrix of religion and spirituality. Journal for the Study of Religions and Ideologies, 12(36), 129-152.
- Selvam, S.G., & Poulsom, M. (2012). Now and hereafter: The psychology of hope from the perspective of religion. Journal of Dharma, 37(4), 393-410.
Below are some of the websites we recommend for you to get more materials related to positive psychology.
Positive Psychology Associations
The following are Positive Psychology Associations that exist across the globe.
- International Positive Psychology Association (IPPA)
- Africa Positive Psychology Network (APPN)
- Austrian Positive Psychology Association (APPA)
- Brazilian Positive Psychology Association
- Canadian Positive Psychology Association (CPPA)
- Chilean Positive Psychology Association
- Czech Positive Psychology Centre (CPPC)
- European Network for Positive Psychology (ENPP)
- French and French-speaking Positive Psychology Association
- German Society for Positive Psychology Research
- German-Speaking Association of Positive Psychology
- Hellenic Association of Positive Psychology Athens, Greece
- Indian National Positive Psychology Association (NPPA)
- Italian Society of Positive Psychology
- Japan Positive Psychology Association (JPPA)
- Latin American Positive Psychology Association (APPAL)
- Mexican Positive Psychology Association
- National Positive Psychology Association (NPPA) Delhi, India
- New Zealand Association of Positive Psychology
- Polish Positive Psychology Association
- Portuguese Association of Positive Psychology Studies and Intervention
- South African Positive Psychology Association (SAPPA)
- Spanish Positive Psychology Society SEPP
- Swiss Positive Psychology Association (SWIPPA)
- Venezuelan Society of Positive Psychology
- Western Positive Psychology Association California, USA